Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chapter 1: What did we miss?

So... as I always do... I ask questions.  Deep questions that sometimes don't find an answer.  I have been raised going to church but never understood some of the very basics and how it relates to my life.  I asked many questions... over the years... with the same response by my mom, "You just have to have faith".  That response was not a satisfactory one for someone who is always looking behind every single nook and cranny in life... trying to figure out the "why" and the "how".  I know there is so much more than what meets the eye.  I never let most of the questions of life go.  I have spent my life trying to find the answers. This first question... is one that hopefully will help everyone take their first step to happiness.  Or... is it freedom? 

The most basic question I had was... if we were made in the image of God... then whose image is the correct one?  There are white, black and brown people, yellow and red people.  Some even say... there are green people (do Martians count as people?).  There are people with brown, black, yellow, and grey hair.  There are people with long, short, and no hair.  People are fat, skinny and medium weights.  There are rich people and poor people...which can determine our physical self.  There are differences in gender.  There are infants, young people and old people.  The list is endless to all the physical differences in people... so, which one is the image of God?

God brought me to my answer.  Every single person in this whole entire world (not sure about the Martians)...are in the image of God.  It's our hearts and souls that were made in the image of God.  Our physical being... is merely the way to transport the precious cargo.  Our hearts and souls... are the image of God.  Adam and Eve... are the reason we can see our physical selves.  God can't see our physical selves... nor is He interested in it.  Our physical self... is God's temple because it houses our hearts and souls.  God intended us to take care of our physical self... so that we could carry out His will.  But, God did not intend for us to get so wrapped up in our physical selves that we neglected our hearts and souls.  The most important part of each one of us... is not how we physically look... but, the very core of us and how that looks to God.

Interesting!!  The photo I chose for this blog... has some critical elements and thoughts in the background!  I didn't realize it... until I was editing this blog.  The words "journey", "putting it together..", and Mary Tyler's signature song at the foundation of the statue... "Who can turn the world on with her smile"?  These are the elements within this blog!!  Especially... the signature song.  The smile... is from the heart and soul.  It's the foundation for each one of us.  If you can turn the world on with your smile... you have God's Spirit beaming from within you.  God is touching every person!  That's something for me to remember the next time I smile... or choose not to smile.

2 comments:

  1. You off to an amazing start, Linda! I love the blog format you've chosen and can't wait to read your insights into question number 2....whatever that might be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! I am so glad you liked my first blog! The second question will be the second chapter. I have more to explore in the first question! Stay tuned! I will post it on fb when I add to my blog!

    ReplyDelete